Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Yes, I'm crazy

I was looking over today's routine after work yesterday and noticed I had a 6 mile run to do. Not a long run by any means but 6 miles is still 6 miles. Then I checked the forecast and saw "muggy and 93 degrees Fahrenheit". Uh...not good. Since I had my usual spinning class this morning and 6 miles takes me about an hour in normal training conditions I thought it'd be fun to start the day off with my entire cardio routine. So, at 4:00 this morning, my adventure began.

It was dark but comfortable at 75 degrees. I don't fully understand what makes the morning so special for me but it was again another one of those days that I wished would never end. During the first mile I saw a family of deer (yes, deer. Here in the metro area.), a raccoon, and a fox. They looked absolutely wonderful. Because no one is around, they, and myself, were strutting around like we owned the town. Seeing these animals in their majesty is really breath taking.

I ran a typical course (which I'll post up in a few hours) around Hopkins. Because there is very little human activity at that time I thought it'd be fun to run right in the middle of the highway. So I hopped up and did just that for about 2 miles. Right in the middle of the road. There wasn't a car in sight. It felt empowering.

On the last stretch home the breeze kicked up and all I could hear was the wind blowing through the leaves and the crickets chirping. It was so calm and peaceful. God I love the morning!

UPDATE: Here's the course I ran. And yes, I WAS right in the middle of Highway 7. How fun.

No comments: