Saturday, July 14, 2007

Nostalgia and Insanity

A friend of mine invited me to stay the night at her place in Oakdale so I graciously accepted. Before you all get any crazy ideas, she's a good friend and that's where the line is drawn.

Back to the topic at hand, I used to spend a lot of time in Woodbury (a neighboring town) for one reason or another and that's where I began my running career. So, since I had a 20 mile run to do (enter the insanity. Any runner would be quick to point out that week 4 is WAY TOO EARLY to be going that far and I whole heartedly agree. But I'll do what the schedule says until I can't push myself any further.) I thought I'd go back and visit the place where all of this began. I visited the house where I took my first steps as a runner and ran my first mile.

It was really a great time with a lot of good memories. There wasn't any lingering as that would be pointless nonsense but it was very good to see the old stomping ground. Sometimes that sense of nostalgia is exactly what we need to put the happiness back in our lives. Here it is.

If anyone wishes for descriptions of what is where and what some of these places mean to me, drop me an email.

No comments: