Sunday, July 22, 2007

Cross training at Crosstown

I'm not particularly fond of this gym. There are many reason and they completely span the spectrum. But it's what I've got and it's better than nothing.

Today was cross training so I decided it would be fun to do some swimming and lifting. Honestly, I'm letting them both slide which is very unfortunate. I've been so focused on my running that the only strength training I've been doing has been core training. While that's definitely an important point to focus on, I shouldn't be neglecting the other muscles. I hit the chest, biceps, and core today. What a rude awakening it was. I used to be so strong because all I did was weight lift. Now, I'm lucky to make it through a handful of sets of any given exercise without wanting to crawl into the fetal position.

Swimming is going well but could definitely improve. I'm literally a newby at this so my form is terrible and my bouyancy lacks something to be desired. But, I know it'll improve if I stick to it. I'm going to try to do swimming 5 times a week.

No comments: