Sunday, August 17, 2008

Great Weekends

Keeping the spirit of my action packed weekends, this weekend I managed to overdo things yet again. But this time there's no burnout going on. It's actually the opposite. I feel more invigorated than ever.

Saturday I rode my bike to Mound, MN. It's a small town on the West end of Lake Minnetonka. I've never been out there but a friend of mine recently bought the Anytime Fitness franchise in that town. He wanted me to swing by to run with his crew so I took it as a good opportunity to explore a new part of the burbs. I took the 18 mile bike ride as a great cross training opportunity. When I got to the club I did a small 3 mile run with the crew, checked out the awesome franchise out there - I don't say that because I'm his friend... it really is very awesome - and biked back. The map is below.

Later that evening I spent the remainder of the waking day on a boat cruise on the Mississippi River for my friend Sarah's birthday party. That was great too but made for a very long night.

Today I met up with Randy and Jenae for a 20 mile run. This was their first experience running Cedar Lake as well as seeing the Washburn Water Tower. The run was long but we had a great fellowship and a lot of fun. Plus, I got to meet one of Jenae's friends who I might get to know a bit better later on. After the run we had breakfast at the Uptown Bar & Cafe. It's unclear how today could have been any better.

I love my weekends.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi,

I really liked your post, interesting perspective. I was looking out for the same kind of information. Thanks a lot for sharing it.

Lake Minnetonka is a great place to take a boat cruise. A Lake Minnetonka boat cruise can be fun for the entire family, and is extremely affordable. A number of these boat cruises are able to charter groups from ten people all the way up to eighty people. Most of these boat cruises are extremely affordable. Many of them provide tourists with catering, bar services and full amenities backed by a large number of well trained professional staff.

Wedding Cruises Minnesota