Saturday, January 24, 2009

Already a busy weekend

This training schedule I have myself on is crazy. So far no walking while I figure out why my right IT band is being stupid. In the mean time I'm getting a LOT of swimming and biking done.

Yesterday was a dedicated swim day. The workout was pretty straightforward but long:

Warm Up

400 Swim - 200 Kick - 200 Pull

Main Set

1200 Swim minimizing strokes per length and keeping it aerobic
60 second rest
800 Swim minimizing strokes per length and keeping it aerobic

Cool Down

4 x 50 slow

That took about an hour to get done. Today's workout was just about as crazy. Today was a bike followed by a run. I skipped the run because of the nagging IT band but definitely got the bike done.

The bike was essentially 30 miles comprised of two sets of 11.2 miles, three sets of isolated leg training, and two 20 minute gearing pyramids.

Needless to say I was spent at the end of that and needed to take a nap.

Anyway, my training is still on track and I'm still hopeful I can pull out a full IronMan by the end of August.

No comments: