Saturday, May 10, 2008

Inaugural Lake Wobegon Trail Marathon

Today I had my second marathon of the year and the first one of the season. Today's run was the first ever Lake Wobegon Trail Marathon and all I can say is WOW. It was great. The race director and her team did a phenomenal job arranging all the details and executing it. I don't think there was one detail missed. From start to finish this race was a blast.

My thanks to the St. Cloud River Runners for helping put this together.

Because this was the inaugural year and it was unofficial in the eyes of USATF this was not a Boston qualifier and the field was limited to the first 100 registrants. I'm glad I signed up for this when I did.

I'm considering my official time to be my Garmin Forerunner 305 time. The course map is below and you can follow it to Motionbased.com to find out my split times and other fun facts.

One great thing did happen today. And it was completely unexpected. I PR'ed. 3:39:38 was my time. My next fastest time was 3:45 from Whistlestop last fall. That was really unexpected but very welcome.

I also took a few pictures. Most of the course I missed because I started getting into the spirit of the event. But you can check out what I've got. The River Runners have some pictures too. Check it out at their page from the link above.

Definitely consider this one for next year when it's an official event. You won't regret it.



Update: Turns out I made the paper too. Okay... everyone made the paper. But regardless, I'm in there so that counts.

2 comments:

Kris said...

Awesome job on the marathon! I am very envious of your running ability :) Hope you had a great rest of the weekend and I'll see you at training!

Nicole said...

Hi, Jim. This is Nicole - one of the "pink skirts" from the marathon this past Saturday. I liked the photos you posted to the LWTM site. I'm amazed you have time to stop and take pictures along the way. It looks like you really make it fun! Take care. It was nice meeting you at the race. Nicole