Tuesday, May 18, 2010

We Don't Start Slowly Around Here

Today marks the first official day of Ironmn training. Apparently all that other stuff was just a warm up. If so I'm a bit concerned about how time management is going to work over the next few months.

Today started out with a 4000 yard swim. That's right folks. First day back and I'm at approx. 2.25 miles swimming. It was interesting too. After the warm up the main set included 30 x 100 yard on 15 seconds rest and then 300 kick. That was a hell of a workout. Remembering where you are when you have to count to 30 is a tough job.

What made it worth it was the guy in the lane next to me. When I got done with my laps he asked me when I was going to be back in the pool. I told him my usual swim days and times and asked him why. He said he enjoyed pacing and racing against me. That's a nice little bit of encouragement. At least I'm on the right track.

No comments: