Monday, March 15, 2010

Week 9 Rocked

It won't be possible to summarize all that was good about week 9 but it sure did end well. The weekend workouts were great and I'm personally proud of my performance.

First of all, Devra is in town for about 5 weeks which adds a little time stress but is an overall very good thing. It's great having her support around. Plus, she's not too bad on the eyes either. ;-)

Saturday I biked on the trainer for 3.5 hours and covered just over 50 miles. It was a great time. I'm glad I could go that far in HR Zone 3. It really made the evening estatic.

Yesterday was a great personal triumph too. I ran for 2 hours in HR Zone 3 and covered 15 miles! 15! Fifteen! That's just a hair quicker than an 8:00/mile pace. In the language of marathons that's a 3:28:54 marathon. I'm now less than a half hour off my target marathon time of 2:59:59. Someday...

No comments: